Best dog food for blue heelersA Blue Heeler, commonly known as an Australian Cattle dog, is a medium-sized breed with high energy demands. These dogs are highly intelligent and trustworthy. Picking the right food for these hyper canines is really challenging. Since blue heelers are involved in tough games, you need to feed him a high nutrition diet. A high percentage of protein is necessary for developing lean muscles. Animal meat is the primary source of protein, and each formulated recipe should consist of essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. If you are looking for the right food, you have landed on the right site. In this article, you will get more information about the recipes formulated for blue heelers. Keep reading to fetch more information about the dog foods for blue heelers.
Table of contents
- 1. Merrick Grain-free Texas Beef and sweet potato Dog food 2. Farmina Natural chicken and low-grain puppy formula dry dog food 3. Wellness Complete Health Natural dry dog food 4. Instinct Raw Boost grain-free dry dog food with chicken formula 5. Taste of the wild Pacific stream dog food
Best dog food for Blue heeler available in the market
1. Merrick Grain-free Texas Beef and sweet potato Dog foodDoes your dog refuse to eat the food? Good nutrition is very important for a growing dog. Texas beef and potato recipe is rich in protein content and gives a good body shape to the canine. This recipe consists of 84% protein and helps in developing lean muscles. The food is formulated without using any allergy-triggering ingredients. The formula keeps animal-based ingredients like lamb and beef to provide a high level of protein. If your dog is allergic to Chicken, you can try out this recipe. Very importantly, the formula is free from grains like wheat, soy, and corn. Apart from animal protein, the recipe consists of plant-based ingredients like blueberries and sweet potatoes to provide a balanced diet to the canine. These ingredients are rich in carbohydrates and supply energy throughout the body. In addition, the vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants will boost the nutritional value of the recipe. A perfect ratio of probiotics will provide optimum fiber content and promote healthy digestion. In addition, the infused ingredients strengthen the immune system. Additional supplements like Chondroitin and glucosamine helps in developing strong bone joints. Peas contain omega fatty acids and give a shiny skin coat. Plus, the fiber-rich content in peas will prevent excess fat accumulation. The only downside of this brand is, it is expensive. But it perfectly balances the price and the quality.
Major ingredientsDeboned beef, peas, sweet potatoes, lamb meal, and potatoes
Reason to buy Merrick Grain-free Texas Beef and sweet potato Dog food
- The recipe is suitable for active dogs
- The food is formulated with a high level of protein content to support lean muscle development
- Ground peas is rich in omega fatty acids and keep the skin healthier
- It consists of easily digestible carbohydrates
2. Farmina Natural chicken and low-grain puppy formula dry dog foodGenerally, proper nutrition during the initial stage of growth helps in developing strong bones and muscles. Farmina Natural chicken and low-grain puppy formula provide essential protein, vitamins, minerals, fat, and carbs. The primary ingredient of this recipe is Chicken to provide high protein content to the canine. The soft lettuce of the kibbles will be gentle enough on the sensitive gums and prevent bleeding. Puppies have sensitive intestinal tracts. They need to be fed with limited ingredients to prevent allergies. So, this recipe is formulated without using allergy-triggering ingredients like Peas, legumes, and other by-products. Apart from Chicken, a perfect blend of fruits and vegetables will provide essential vitamins, minerals. Antioxidants and amino acids. Moreover, the food is crafted without using artificial preservatives, additives, and coloring agents.
Major ingredientsDeboned Chicken, dehydrated Chicken, whole oats, and chicken fat
Reason to buy Farmina Natural chicken and low-grain puppy formula dry dog food
- The recipe doesn't contain any allergic ingredients like peas and legumes
- It omits artificial preservatives, flavors, and additives
- The food is formulated exclusively for blue heeler puppies
- The recipe consists of high protein content
- It is grain-free and is suitable for dogs with sensitive stomachs
3. Wellness Complete Health Natural dry dog foodWellness Complete Health Natural dry dog food is a perfect mix of protein and carbohydrates, thereby supporting the overall health and wellness of the dog. Deboned Chicken is the first ingredient and is an excellent source of protein. Ingredients like oatmeal provide a sufficient amount of carbohydrates. The secondary ingredients are rich in antioxidants and support a healthy immune system. In addition, the ingredients keep the gut healthy by killing harmful bacteria, thereby supporting a healthy digestive system. Apart from oatmeal, carbohydrate-rich ingredients like sweet potatoes, apples, and blueberries keep the dog energetic all day by supplying essential vitamins and minerals. In short, we can say that this recipe is an all-rounder providing vital nutrients like amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals in proper proportions. As a pet parent, you must provide enough nutrients to satisfy the energy demands of the canine. Unlike other recipes, the food is formulated with grains for providing sufficient vitamins and minerals. But, some of the dogs are allergic to grains. So, you must be careful while selecting the recipe. Other ingredients like sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, flax seeds, and tomatoes are rich in omega fatty acids and provide a shiny skin coat.
Major ingredientsDeboned Chicken, chicken meal, oatmeal, ground barley, Peas, and chicken fat
Reason to buy Wellness Complete Health Natural dry dog food
- The primary ingredient, chicken is a good source of proteins
- This recipe provides the perfect balanced diet with essential nutrients
- It contains plant-based ingredients like carrots and apples
- The infused ingredient promotes digestion and strengthens the immune system
4. Instinct Raw Boost grain-free dry dog food with chicken formulaGenerally, raw kibbles have high nutritional value. So, customers prefer raw foods for their premium quality. The recipe is formulated by keeping chicken as the main ingredient. It provides high protein to the canine and promotes lean muscle development. Besides the chicken, fish oil provides additional protein and supports whole-body development. Note that chicken also provides Vitamin B6 and Niacin. It keeps the dog energetic all day. When it comes to carbohydrates, the ingredients like Peas and tapioca provide essential carbs and supply energy throughout the body. In addition, a perfect blend of Peas and tapioca is rich in omega fatty acids and keeps the skin healthy. The recipe omits grains and is formulated without using any artificial preservatives and fillers. The infused ingredients provide DHA for proper bone and brain development. One cup of kibbles provides 20.5% aft, 37% protein, and 508 calories. A good percentage of chicken fat will add natural flavor to the recipe. It will add more taste to the food.
Major ingredientsChicken, Chicken fat, Peas, Tapioca, and chicken meal.
Reason to buy Instinct Raw Boost grain-free dry dog food with chicken formula
- The ingredients are natural and are high quality
- The formulated food gives essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants
- It uses chicken as the main ingredient to provide the high protein content
- The supplements like glucosamine will keep the cartilage healthy
- Kibble's soft texture will be gentle on the gums and teeth
5. Taste of the wild Pacific stream dog foodIf you plan to change the current diet plan, it is always safe to go with familiar brands. One of the best manufacturers of dog foods is Taste of the Wild. A perfect blend of natural ingredients provides essential nutrients to the blue heeler. This recipe puts salmon and ocean fish as the main ingredients to provide high protein content to the canine. The secondary ingredients like sweet potatoes and peas provide essential fiber, carbohydrates and support the overall wellbeing of the dog. The probiotic blend promotes a healthy digestive system.
Major ingredientsSalmon, sweet potatoes, peas, smoked salmon, blueberries, tomato, and raspberries
Reason to buy taste of the wild Pacific stream dog food
- Salmon and Ocean fish are the main ingredients
- This recipe does not contain any artificial preservatives and fillers
- A good ratio of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates support canine's overall health