Best dog food for lab puppiesLabrador is one of the common breeds that is found in the gates of most houses. It is enough to say that these dogs are the friendliest breeds in the town. With friendly behaviour, these breeds occupy the most space in your heart. As a pet owner, it is very important to care for the pet by providing a balanced diet. It helps the dog to maintain a healthy weight. Obviously, the canine will stay active even after being involved in tough games. In this article, you will get an idea about the different formulas suitable for lab puppies.
Are puppy formulas mandatory?Actually, raising a puppy is a challenging task. Apart from teaching discipline, you must feed the pup with nutritional foods to keep them healthy and active. As a first and foremost thing, you must research recipes and formulas crafted exclusively for lab puppies. At the initial stage, the lab puppies demand high nutrition for developing strong muscles and joints. A right diet with essential vitamins and minerals will support healthy growth in your Labrador puppies. Since Labradors are large breed canines, they show a huge difference in body development within a few weeks. If you are a Labrador parent, you are on the right site. Keep reading to explore more.
Table of contents
- Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Labrador Retriever puppy food
- NUTRO WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS Puppy dry dog food
- Hill’s Science Diet Dry dog food with chicken meal and oat recipe for lab puppies
- Eukanuba Puppy Dry dog food with Chicken formula
Best labrador puppies food available in the market
1. Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Labrador Retriever puppy foodIf you have no idea about the diet plan of a Labrador puppy, try out Royal Canin breed health nutrition puppy food. It is always safe and best to start a new diet with a trustworthy brand. At the initial stage, dogs demand high nutrition for developing healthy muscles and bones. This recipe is exclusively formulated for satisfying the energy demands of lab puppies. Since the teeth and gums are highly sensitive, the manufacturers provide ring-shaped kibbles that are gentle on the tooth gums. In addition, kibbles are easily digestible. Besides providing high nutrition, this recipe contains a good ratio of antioxidants to support a healthy immune system. Plus, a probiotic blend will promote proper digestion and keep the digestive system healthy. A correct ratio of essential vitamins and minerals supports the overall health and wellness of the canine. It helps in developing lean muscles and helps the canine to turn out a healthy adult. Before feeding the puppy, have a look at the feeding table to get clarity on the weekly feeding amounts for puppies from 2 to 14 months. This dog food comes in a 30-pound bag that will last for at least a few months. After opening the packet, store the kibbles in an air-tight container to seal the moisture within the food.
What we love in Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Labrador retriever puppy food
- The food is formulated exclusively for Labrador puppies
- A gentle formula of the kibbles protect the gums from bleeding
- A good ratio of antioxidants stimulate a healthy immune system
- The recipe’s probiotic blend helps in healthy digestion
- The essential vitamins and minerals improve the overall health of the canine
2. NUTRO WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS Puppy dry dog foodNUTRO WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS Puppy foods are one of the top-rated dog foods in the market. The recipe uses fresh farm chicken as the first ingredient. It is rich in protein, thereby helping in lean muscle development. So, you can prevent excess fat accumulation during the canine’s growing period itself. A lustrous shiny coat is a sign of a healthy diet. Omega fatty acids are essential for a growing thick furry. This recipe consists of ingredients that are rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. In addition to this, the calcium and phosphorus ratio supports healthy bone and muscle joint development. Very importantly, a perfect blend of sweet potatoes, brown rice and other plant-based ingredients meet the energy demands of a growing lab puppy. The highlight of this food is, it is free from artificial preservatives, colouring agents and additives. Plus, it omits grains and does not trigger allergies in sensitive stomachs. This dry food comes in 5 and 15-pound bags. So, you are free to choose the bag size as per your requirement. You can go through the feeding instructions on the food packet label to ensure whether you are providing a balanced diet to the little pup. Apart from the chicken recipe, this dog food is available in lamb formula. So, if the pup is allergic to chicken, you can replace lamb and provide the same protein level. Not that this puppy food is exclusively crafted with complete nutrition for puppies of one year of age. After that, you must switch to another puppy food.
What we love in NUTRO WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS Puppy dry dog food
- Chicken is used as the primary ingredient and is rich in protein content
- Omega fatty acids provide a healthy skin coat
- Ca and Ph ratio strengthen the bones and muscle joints
- The ingredients like brown rice and sweet potatoes provide essential carbs and are easily digestible
- The recipe is grain-free and eliminates artificial preservatives and colouring agents
3. Hill’s Science Diet Dry dog food with chicken meal and oat recipe for lab puppiesHill’s science diet chicken meal and oat recipe is one of the finest dog foods for lab puppies. This dog food consists of a sufficient amount of calcium to support healthy teeth bone development. Chicken meal is the primary ingredient, and it adds natural flavour to the recipe. So, the puppy will get a strong appetizing feeling and empty the bow within a few minutes. In addition, the high proteins in the chicken meal support lean muscle development. The secondary ingredients like fish oil provide DHA that are highly essential for brain and eye development. This brand's impressive factor is that each recipe is formulated under the proper guidance of pet nutritionists and vets. All the ingredients are handpicked and are of premium quality. All the formulated recipes are examined and verified whether they provide a balanced diet to the canine. Hill’s science diet is headquartered in the USA, but superior quality ingredients are imported from many countries. This brand is one of the first suggestions by the vets for its high quality. You can start providing a healthy diet for the lab puppy with this recipe.
What we love in Hill’s Science Diet Dry dog food with chicken meal and oat recipe for lab puppies
- This brand is highly recommended by vets and pet nutritionists
- All the infused ingredients are human grade and is safe for consumption
- There are no artificial preservatives and flavours
- Chicken meal provides high proteins and adds more taste to the food with its natural flavour
- The DHA in fish oil helps in proper brain development
Hill's Science Diet Dry Dog Food, Puppy, Large Breeds, Chicken Meal and Oats Recipe, 30 lb. Bag Pet Supplies
- A large breed puppy food specially made with an optimal level of calcium for controlled bone growth
- Uses a balanced set of minerals to promote strong bones and teeth in large puppies. Caloric content: 3970 kcal/kilogram(394 kcal/cup). Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period
- Uses DHA from fish oil to support healthy brain and eye development for growing dogs
- High-quality protein helps your large pup b... Read More
4. Eukanuba Puppy Dry dog food with Chicken formulaEukanuba Puppy Dry dog is a good pick for large breed puppies like a labrador. This recipe is formulated for 15-month-old puppies weighing about 55 pounds. For providing a high level of protein, this recipe uses chicken as the primary ingredient. It promotes lean muscles and gives a proper shape to the growing puppy. A perfect Ca, and Ph ratio helps in developing strong bones and teeth. In addition, it provides DHA for healthy brain development. A good ratio of vitamin E promotes a strong immune system. The optimum level of carbs supplies energy throughout the body and keeps the lab active all day. This dry dog food is available in three different sizes, namely five, sixteen and thirty-three pounds. You can choose based on your requirements. Feeding instructions will be available at the side of the label. So, you can have a look and provide the right balanced diet to your beloved canine.
What we love in Eukanuba Puppy Dry dog food with Chicken formula
- This recipe's chicken formula provides high protein and supports lean muscle development
- The food is suitable for a 15-month old puppy not weighing more than 55 pounds
- A perfect ratio of minerals like Ca and Ph strengthen teeth and bones
- The carbs are easily digestible and keep the dog active
- The infused ingredients like vitamin E supports the immune system
Eukanuba Puppy Large Breed Dry Dog Food, 33 pounds. Bag Pet Supplies
- Eukanuba puppy large breed dry dog food is complete and balanced nutrition for large breed puppies up to 15 months old with an expected adult weight over 55 pounds
- Supports muscle growth and bone health in active pups with high-quality animal protein and optimized levels of calcium and phosphorous
- Supports healthy brain development with clinically proven levels of DHA for smarter, more trainable puppies
- Provides concentrated energy from fat and carbohydrate levels ... Read More