Best food for pregnant dogsAs a pet parent, you must care for pregnant dogs the most. Unlike normal dogs, pregnant dogs have high energy demands, and the puppy must get more nourishment throughout the gestation period. Are you planning to change the diet plan of your pregnant dog? Before doing so, you must spare time to read this article to know what formulas suit them. But we have made the task easy for you. After two days of research, we have clipped everything that you need to know within an article. Read till the bottom to know about pregnant-friendly food foods.
What do we need to feed a pregnant dog?Basically, a pregnant dog should be fed a balanced diet containing 30% animal-based protein and 20% fat. The recipe should contain mandatory fatty acids like Omega 3 and 6. The right ratio of nutrition will help the dog to give a normal delivery. Moreover, it keeps the newborn and the mother healthy. A study says that a pet parent must be aware of feeding the dog high-quality foods. Undoubtedly, these pregnant dogs must maintain a healthy weight to deliver the pup with ease. Remember, you should not make your dog lose weight during the pregnancy period. When the delivery date is nearing, you must feed the dog a low-calorie diet. Generally, you can provide the same food for the first 50 days of pregnancy if you are following a healthy and quality diet for the dog.
Table of contents
- Taste of the wild dry dog food with roasted Bison and venison
- The Honest Kitchen dehydrated grain-free dog food
- Wellness Stew Wet Canned Dog food variety
- Instinct Raw Boost grain-free dry dog food with real chicken
Best pregnant-friendly dog foods available in the market
1. Taste of the wild dry dog food with roasted Bison and venisonThere are plenty of dog foods formulated for pregnant dogs. So, it is not so easy to filter out the best one. If you are new to choosing pregnant-friendly dog foods, it's better to start with top-selling brands like Taste of the Wild. The roasted Bison and Venison recipe provides a high protein level and adds a natural flavour to the food. So, the pregnant dog will never refuse to eat the food. This grain-free recipe has high protein content obtained from the animals like roasted Venison, buffalo, and beef. Therefore, the natural diet consists of 32% crude protein. There is a decent ratio of carbohydrates from the ingredients like sweet potatoes and peas in this dry dog food. The carbs are easily digestible and supply energy throughout the body. When it comes to the fat, a perfect blend of chicken fat and fish meal adds more taste to the food and tempts the dog to empty the bowl within a few minutes. Besides these primary ingredients, supplements like fruits and vegetables provide optimum fibre, prebiotics, and probiotics. A good fibre content provides healthy digestion and supports the overall health of the dog. In simple words, this recipe provides a natural and healthy diet to pregnant dogs and developing puppies. Per cup, there is about 30% protein and 18% fat, and 370 calories that are more than enough to meet the nutrition demands of the dog.
What we love in Taste of the wild dry dog food with Roasted Bison and Venison
- This recipe is one of the top-rated pregnant-friendly dog foods
- It consists of animal protein obtained from the animal sources like beef, Venison, and Bison
- The Chicken fat adds more flavour to the recipe
- High fibre content will improve the digestion system
- The food is formulated without grains and is suitable for sensitive dogs
What we love in the Honest Kitchen dehydrated grain-free dog food
- This recipe guarantees to deliver a balanced diet
- It omits any grains and does not trigger any allergies
- The food is exclusively formulated for dogs with sensitive intestinal tracts
- Hydrated food boosts the moisture content of the food
- A perfect ratio of vitamins, minerals, amino acids will increase the milk secretion
3. Wellness Stew Wet Canned Dog food variety with Peas and carrot formulaAs far as pregnant dogs are concerned, you must include recipes that boost milk productivity. In that case, keeping the dog's body hydrated throughout the day will help in milk secretion. If you notice your dog losing weight in the first few weeks and frequent nausea, it is because of dehydration. When it comes to dry food, half of the moisture will evaporate when the food is cooked. On the other hand, wet food in the canned form will seal the moisture within the kibbles. A perfect solution for boosting the hydration level is to feed the dog with wet food. Since the moisture is retained, there is no drop in the protein level also. This recipe contains sufficient carbs that are easily digestible. The food is formulated by keeping chicken as the main ingredient. So, the canine gets a high level of protein content from chicken liver and eggs. Apart from this, a perfect blend of fruits and vegetables provides the correct ratio of fibre, vitamins, and minerals. As a whole, all the infused ingredients are of high quality and increase the diet's nutritional value. Since this food is specially crafted for pregnant dogs, it is free from artificial preservatives and colouring agents. You can try out the other two formulas like the Barley +carrot recipe and the carrot and potato recipe.
What we love in Wellness Stew Wet Canned Dog food variety with Peas and carrot formula
- This Peas and Carrot formula has high moisture and protein content
- It uses chicken as the primary ingredient
- The recipe is easily digestible and omits grains
- The food is formulated with natural ingredients, excluding artificial preservatives
- A balanced ratio of ingredients boosts hydration, thereby increasing the milk productivity
4. Instinct Raw Boost grain-free dry dog food with real chickenFor increasing the quality of your dog's diet, you can go with raw foods. Although raw foods are expensive, customers are highly satisfied with premium quality foods. As the name suggests, Instinct raw boost grain-free dry dog food uses chicken as the primary ingredient. A perfect blend of meat and fish ingredients will serve as the high protein source. Apart from providing protein, the chicken is rich in Vitamin B6 and Niacin. The ingredients like peas and tapioca will provide essential carbohydrates. In addition, these two ingredients are rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and improve the skin texture of the canine. This recipe's natural balanced diet provides DHA that is essential for a puppy's brain development. Overall, a single cup of raw boost kibbles will provide 37% protein, 20.5% fat, and 508 calories.
What we love in Instinct Raw Boost grain-free dry dog food with real chicken
- The recipe contains only high-quality ingredients like fruits and vegetables
- Freeze-dried chicken bits mixed with kibbles is rich in protein and supports lean muscle development
- A good ratio of fatty acids and supplements like glucosamine will improve the skin coat and strengthen the muscle joints
- The soft texture and appetizing flavour of the food will tempt the dog
- This recipe has long shelf-life
- It is totally worth buying