Best Raw Dog Food
Although your dog’s body isn't similar to an ancestor wolf, its body works as a wolf. With the concept of introducing the ancestral natural diet, raw dog food came into existence. Like two sides of a coin, there are a group of people who stick to the raw dog food along with a group of opposing people.
Why Raw Dog Food Diet?
Many canine experts agree that the raw dog diet is much suitable for dogs since these foods are made from fresh meat, raw eggs, ground bone, fruits, and vegetables.
In general, raw foods are expensive compared to canned foods. While billing your raw food, you will find paying more for the raw food as you need to pay extra for the packing and delivery process. Moreover, raw dog foods need to be frozen whereas commercial kibbles are ready to serve.
Best Frozen Raw Dog Food
Raw foods have a separate fanbase. It is not a surprise. Before the era of domestication, dogs were consuming raw fruits and veggies. Frozen raw foods are free from contamination since the manufacturers put a lot of effort while manufacturing these frozen foods. With these frozen raw dog foods, you can prevent the risk occurring in self-prepared raw meals.
Why don't your dog like frozen foods when it has high protein content and is so delicious? Definitely, your canine friend will get super excited to try out frozen foods.
Based on the rating and customer satisfaction, we have listed down some of the best-frozen food for dogs.
Stella & Chewy’s - Chicken Dinner Patties freeze-dried raw food for dog
Surprise the dog for what he longs for. Fill out the plate of Stella & Chewy’s Chicken Dinner Patties Freeze-Dried raw dog food. Importantly, dogs love this natural diet with an excellent combination of ingredients that promises you a high intake of nutrition for the dog. This high-quality raw food is easy to prepare. The natural recipe is composed of 95% chicken, bones, organs, fruits, and vegetables. Please note that you must feed the raw food. You must not heat or cook the product and most importantly avoid hot water while rehydrating the food.
- The primary ingredient, chicken is free from any hormones and antibiotics.
- Highly formulated food with zero grains, fillers, gluten and artificial flavors.
- A right balance nutrient diet with probiotics enhances good digestion.
- Raw nutrition ready to serve or rehydration is also possible just by adding water.
|Brand||Stella & Chewy’s|
|Weight in pounds||0.94|
|Breed size||All breeds|
Stella & Chewy's Freeze-Dried Raw Dinner Patties
- Convenient raw mealtime nutrition
- Made in the USA - Stella’s Super Beef Dinner Patties’ all-natural recipe is crafted with care in small batches in Stella & Chewy’s own USA kitchen to provide the highest levels of protein-rich meat and quality grain-free nutrition for your pet
- Protein-rich recipe. Each batch starts with 95% chicken, organs and bone, providing best-in-class animal nutrition and palatability
- Made in Stella & Chewy's own USA ... Read More
Primal- Formulated grain-free Chicken Nuggets frozen raw food
The Chicken formulated grain-free nuggets have high-quality chicken and an essential level of amino acids and fatty acids. Picking up the best ingredients, Primal gives you absolutely healthier food. The perfect blend of high-quality proteins supports the overall weight and health of the dog. The highlight of this raw food is that it is a ready-to-serve meal after adding water. Definitely, you will come to know how tasty the food is by seeing the dog licking the empty bowl after the meal. You must wash the utensils and food bowls used to serve the raw food hot water. In addition to this, you must isolate the Primal formulated chicken nuggets from other foods.
- The essential amount of amino acids, fatty acids, and enzymes supply required proteins to promote the biological functions of various parts of the animal.
- Food made for an ancestral diet is ready to serve.
- The standard organic minerals and unrefined vitamins give the right balanced nutrition for dogs in all life stages.
- High calcium supply from ingredients like ground bone and steroid-free chicken.
|Weight in ounce||14|
|Breed size||All breeds|
Primal Freeze-Dried Dog Food Nuggets, 14 oz Chicken - Made in USA, Complete Raw Diet, Grain-Free Topper/Mixer
- Complete And Balanced Diet For All Life Stages
- Chicken Raised Without Antibiotics Or Addedhormones
- Naturally Derived Vitamins And Minerals
- Grain, Gluten, Corn, Wheat And Soy Free
- Chicken Raised Without Antibiotics Or Added Hormonesgrain, Gluten, Corn, Wheat, And Soy Freemade In The Usa
- Complete and balanced diet for all life stages
- Chicken raised without antibiotics or added hormones ... Read More
Instinct by Nature’s Variety - real raw grain-free food recipe dry dog food
A high level of protein content is obtained from natural beef helps in attaining strong muscles. Probiotics and a good level of omega fatty acids help in digestive health and the skin glow respectively. The core-plus of the recipe is the presence of antioxidants that enhances the immune system's functionality.
- The high protein kibble and freeze-dried raw combination boost the nutrition content.
- The premium ingredient, meat supports strong muscle development.
- The recipe is absolutely free from grain like corn, wheat, potato and never contains any artificial fillers or preservatives.
- Improves the digestion process with high probiotic content ingredients. The omega 3 and 6 fatty acids give a shiny coat to the skin.
|Food form||Frozen dried|
|Breed size||All breeds|
Instinct Freeze Dried Raw Boost Mixers Grain Free Cage Free Chicken Recipe All Natural Dog Food Topper by Nature's Variety, 14 oz. Bag Pet Supplies
- FREEZE DRIED RAW DOG FOOD TOPPER WITH CAGE FREE CHICKEN: Add raw to your dog bowl with Instinct Raw Boost Mixers all natural, grain free dog food toppers. Made with responsibly sourced cage free chicken, chicken organs and non-GMO vegetables and fruits.
- GRAIN FREE DOG FOOD MIXER: Raw, whole food ingredients are freeze dried to gently remove moisture, locking in nutrients and intesifying flavor. Made without grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, by product meal, artificial colors or preserv... Read More
Best dehydrated dog food
The Honest Kitchen dehydrated organic grain dog food
A recipe made from human-consuming ingredients is the Honest Kitchen dehydrated grain dog food. The reason behind grain food is to fulfill the needs of all breed dogs. The food is free from preservatives and by-products. The Honest Kitchen’s dehydration process maintains the natural texture of the food.
- Made out of whole-grain ingredients like dehydrated chicken, barley, potatoes, organic flaxseed, and oats
- Perfect ratio of proteins, fats, and fiber.
- Ready to serve just by adding hot water. Mix, stir, and wait for 3 minutes.
- This natural diet recipe is recommended for pregnant dogs and all breed dogs.
|Breed size||All breeds|
The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food – Complete Meal or Dog Food Topper
- GRAIN FREE, FREE RANGE CHICKEN: The Honest Kitchen Grain Free Chicken dog food is made with real whole food ingredients like free range chicken, green beans & apples, which are gently dehydrated for maximum nutrient retention and easy digestion.
- SUITABLE FOR ADULT DOGS: Complete & Balanced nutrition for adult dogs of all breeds and sizes including adult and senior dogs.
- EASY HOMEMADE: Just add warm water for a wholesome & delicious meal. Serve alone as a complete... Read More
Sojos grain-free Pre-Mix dehydrated dog food
The easy-made Sojos lamb and grain-free food recipe have zero artificial flavors. The main ingredient of the recipe, the broccoli along with other ingredients like sweet potatoes, ginger root, and egg gives a high nutrient diet to the furry baby. This food is as convenient to eat as kibble but very nutritious. Add water to the food to get a delicious meal.
- Simple ready to eat recipe just by adding water
- 100% free from grains and fillers or added preservatives.
- A pound of Sojos is equivalent to 5 pounds of fresh food
|Weight in pounds||1|
|Breed size||All breeds|
Sojos Mix-A-Meal Pre-Mix Natural Dehydrated Dog Food
- Make It Your Way: Mix this base of veggies and fruit with the raw or cooked protein of your choice for a handcrafted meal in minutes; just add meat, soak and serve for fresh, well rounded nutrition
- Natural and Raw: Our shelf stable Pre Mix recipes are made without genetically engineered ingredients, fillers, preservatives, or anything artificial; just a short, sweet list of nutritious ingredients
- Safe and Economical: Every pound of Sojos makes up to 5 pounds of fresh, raw fo... Read More
Rachael Ray Nutrish Super Premium dry Dog Food
Handpicked natural ingredients with premium quality make the Rachael Ray Nutrish grain-free food a good choice for dogs. The high-quality chicken and veggies tempt the dog to try out the food. And also, this dehydrated food is free from grains and artificial fillers. Rachael Ray Nutrish dehydrated food is carefully blended and dried at low heat to maintain the color and flavor.
- The recipe is formulated using super quality ingredients.
- A combination of fresh chicken and vegetables gives nutrition enrichment and rich flavor.
- Prepared food is free from gluten and grains like wheat, soy, and artificial flavors.
- With protein-rich ingredients, the animal can consume about 70% of proteins.
|Brand||Rachael Ray Nutrish|
|Breed size||All breeds|
Rachael Ray Nutrish Premium Natural Dry Dog Food, Real Chicken & Veggies Recipe, 40 Pounds (Packaging May Vary) Pet Supplies
- Contains (1) 40 Pound Bag of Dry Dog Food. For a limited time, you may receive either bag while we update our packaging
- Farm-raised chicken
- Natural dog food with added vitamins & minerals
- No poultry by-product meal, filler, wheat, or wheat gluten ingredients
- Safely cooked with the world's best ingredients ... Read More
Frozen food Vs dehydrated food
Dog owners are more concerned about the food they feed their canine friends. Food brands are finding creative ways to give high nutrition diets through box foods. One such kind of finding is frozen food and dehydrated food. First, you must get clarity about the difference between these two foods to stick to the better one. Let's have a look at it.
Freeze-dried or frozen raw foods
A process of removing the moisture on the food by external pressure application using a vacuum cleaner is a freeze-drying process. The pressure will kill the bacteria and other harmful pathogens living inside the meat. The food is prepared without any heat so that the vitamins and the minerals are retained without losing their nutritional value. Do not cook the food with heat since the heat can destroy the enzymes that support healthy digestion.
Moreover, freeze-drying is an expensive process compared to other counterparts as it requires advanced types of machinery. But, one important highlight of these foods is that they are shelf-stable. If you are a person who loves to travel with your little puppy or your freezer space is too less, free-dried food is all for you! Frozen and freeze-dried food is moreover similar except for the level of moisture content residing on the meat.
The process involved in making the food is completely vice versa to the freeze-dried process. Dehydration is a process of blowing hot air to remove the moisture on the food. In short, applying heat is the main process behind the making of dehydrated food. Remember, the food is cooked with heat so dehydrated foods are not more available in the column of raw foods.
Coming to the nutritional contents remaining on the food, the dehydrated foods contain less nutrition compared to the freeze-dried food due to high-temperature cooking.
If your pet is unable to digest the raw food or prone to immune-related problems, you can go for dehydrated food. Dehydrated foods are one step more than kibble and a step down to the freeze foods, exactly it falls in the middle of these two food types.
Frozen raw food and dehydrated food have their own merits and demerits. You can feed the dog with any food form. A most important factor is that the nutrition must be injected into the dog. At times, dogs are allergic to some foods so consult a vet before deciding the pet food. Our aim is to feed the puppy with high-nutrition food to maintain its health. Choose a brand that bang for the buck.