Best Foods for Dogs with Sensitive Stomachs – Overall ReviewLike people, dogs also suffer from sensitive stomachs. Dogs who have these problems struggle to digest their food, so they will have many troubles in their intestine. Is your dog struggling with this issue? Then, it is necessary to examine them with vets, ensuing their problems. There are a lot of health problems that make intestinal issues. So, you'll need to take your canine to vets to know that they are really suffering from sensitive stomachs. However, dogs with sensitive stomachs can benefit from several dog foods. There are a number of dog foods out there for these types of dogs. So, all you need to do is to choose the best and right dog food that suits your buddy's health conditions.
Symptoms of a Sensitive StomachDogs with sensitive stomachs will have the same symptoms typically. However, each dog is an individual, so that they might have experienced some symptoms more often than others. Here we have listed the significant symptoms that affect all of the dogs. Vomiting: Usually, occasional vomiting is regular, so there is no need to worry about it. You need to pay attention when your dog suffer from repeated vomiting issues, which happens if they affect by sensitive stomachs or other serious health issues. Diarrhea: like vomiting, loose or runny stools are common among dogs, but repeated occurrences have to be treated well. Sensitive stomach or other health issues must be the reason for that. Gas: Is your dog engaging in chemical warfare daily? If Yes! They are likely to suffer from a sensitive stomach. In this case, your buddy's tummy has to be treated first to eliminate the issue.
Why Are Dogs Suffering from Sensitive Stomachs?Today, it is a general question among dog owners. Several factors can cause your dog with a sensitive stomach. To figure out the problem, you'll need to explore some things that trouble them most. For instance, dogs will also have sensitive stomach problems due to the food that they have. This is because you need to explore things that commonly upset your canine's stomach. However, this can be difficult, and sometimes it is impossible to figure out the issues. If it is the case, switching your dog to easily digestible food is the only option.
Reasons for Stomach SensitivityDogs affected by sensitive stomachs are unable to digest foods, including few protein sources or fats, so you need to give them an easily digestible source. If it is a case, lamp and chicken are an excellent choice as they are easily digestible for dogs' stages. We advised you to avoid table scraps and high-fat foods for your dogs. Your canine's stomach also gets upset when you feed them unhealthy food regularly. This can also cause a sensitive stomach for your canines. This is because it is crucial to give healthy and suitable food for them to avoid such issues. Food allergies commonly affect the skin and coat, and its ears. But sometimes, they will also upset their stomach. So, this should be treated immediately to eliminate it with proper diet dog food. For this, you'll need to know the allergens that are not suitable for your friend. Switching to other proteins may reduce the problems. So, you can test their reactions with different protein sources individually. Like food, some dogs are sensitive to some ingredients as they upset their digestive system's function. Besides, treating them with so many ingredients at once also affects its stomach. So, it is vital to treat them with a small number of opted ingredients. Like people, dogs will also be upset with stress and anxiety, which may affect their digestive system. Thus, you need to take care of it without stressing and making anxiety.
Characteristics of Good Foods for Sensitive Stomachs DogsAs mentioned, various reasons and different ingredients can affect the dogs individually, so it is difficult to figure out the problems that cause sensitive stomachs. If your dog is affected by this, you simply can change the food diet to reduce the effects. Easily digestible food can completely eliminate the sensitive stomach issue, but when the dogs are treated with them for a more extended period. What types of foods are easily digestible food? Few factors tend to characterize the foods that are easily digested, including: Grains: Some dogs can digest the food containing grains such as wheat, others while some dogs cannot do so. Many dog owners go for grain-free food for this reason. According to the research, grain-free foods involve an increasing number of DCM cases in canines. As per this new evidence, grain-free diets are not suitable for dogs with sensitive stomachs, and easily-digestible whole grains like oats, brown rice are optimum for all dogs. However, It is necessary to consult near your vets before changing your dog's diet. Limited Ingredients: The more ingredients in your dog's food, the more they'll have a chance to get an upset stomach. But still, your dogs need to consume varieties of ingredients to obtain a nutritionally balanced diet. So, it is wise to limit their ingredients to numbers that are unnecessary or non-healthy for your dog, such as additives, preservatives, etc. In this case, hypoallergenic dog foods are ideal for them as they are formulated with limited ingredients. Comprised Foods: There are always some exceptions because some dogs would digest chicken, lamb foods while others would digest grain foods. Contain ingredients and supplements: Some foods are stomach-friendly as they include prebiotics, a healthy bacterium that supports the healthy digestive system's healthy functions. Others like pumpkin or high fiber ingredients help firm up your dog's stools. However, before changing your canine's diet, you'll need to know what types of food upsets your dogs' stomach.
Top 9 Best Dog Foods For Dogs with Sensitive StomachsWe have listed some of the best dog foods for dogs with sensitive stomachs after discussing them with many vets, professionals, and customers. So, this guide will help you if you are looking for similar attributes.
Lucy Pet Formulas for Life - Sensitive Stomach
- Fresh and high-quality meats, there are no fillers, preservatives, and artificial substances.
- Meats that are sourced from the US
- Included fruits and veggies
- Processed in small batches with low temperature to preserve nutrients
- Return and refund option
- Comes with different recipes, allowing you to choose based on dog adores. The various recipes are Healthy Turkey Feast, Chicken Goodness, Hearty Beef Eats, and Tasty Lamb Fare.
- Nutrients rich food
- Money-back guarantee
- Ideal for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- It is quite pricey
- Probably not suitable for long term option
Lucy Pet Products Formulas for Life - Sensitive Stomach & Skin Dry Dog Food, All Breeds & Life Stages - Duck, Pumpkin, & Quinoa, 12 lb (850657006852) Pet Supplies
- CAREFULLY FORMULATED: for Gut health, digestive health and sensitive stomachs. These are key to natural immunity. Grain-Free Formula.
- SKIN & COAT: All-natural Duck sourced from France and the USA (with absolutely no duck by-products). An excellent source of protein for healthy muscles, skin, coat, and proper body function.
- ALL BREEDS & LIFE STAGES: Every kibble is designed to contain all the essential nutrients required for puppies, adult dogs and senior dogs of smal... Read More
- There is no corn, soy, wheat, etc.
- Included prebiotics for a healthy gut
- Fresh meat and meat meals are these two different recipes
- Added freeze-dried toppers
- Comes in both options: grain-free and grain-inclusive
- Dogs' health has improved after switching to heed food
- Comes in different sizes kibbles
- Both recipes are packed with the same level of ingredients
- The big size kibble is quite pricey, but you can grab some discounts from the company side, such as 10% off on subscription orders.
Heed Foods - Dried Dog Food | Fresh Salmon and Quinoa Kibble | All Natural, Digestive Health, Sensitive Stomach Prebiotics, High Protein | Made in USA | All Breeds & Life Stages | 5lb Bag Pet Supplies
- GUT HEALTH FIRST Carefully formulated by microbiome experts for digestive health with natural Prebiotic & limited ingredients - promoting better poops, stronger immune systems, reduced allergies, itching and fewer vet visits for a longer, healthier life. Healthy and sensitive dogs benefit alike.
- NATURAL PREMIUM INGREDIENTS Our tasty recipes are 100% natural and USA made. They are rich in OMEGA-3 oils to support healthy hips, joints, luscious skin & shiny coat and antioxidant s... Read More
CANIDAE Life Stages Dry Dog Food
- Excluded soy, corn, or wheat
- Included carbohydrates rich ingredients such as barley, brown rice, and bran
- Blended probiotic for healthy digestive systems
- Ideal for all stages of dogs and breeds effectively reduces the effects of sensitive stomachs.
- Fortified with Omega 3 and6 fatty acids for healthy joints and coats
- CANIDAE Life Stages dog food is developed with premium quality ingredients:
- Lamb for great protein sources
- Sunflower oil for healthy fat
- Other carbohydrates
- According to the customer's reviews, their dogs like the taste a lot and stops suffering from digestive issues after switching into this.
- Formulated without artificial flavors and colors
- Some dog's digestive systems haven't improved even after long-term usage of this food, however, no foods perfectly suitable for all dogs.
Canidae All Life Stages Dry Dog Food, Chicken Meal and Rice, 5lbs Pet Supplies
- Optimal nutrition for all breeds, all ages and all sizes
- One bag to feed them all, perfect for multi-dog homes
- Vet formulated, nutritionally dense food that nourishes in every bite
- All goodness, no fillers: never any wheat, corn, or soy in our foods
- CANIDAE All Life Stages Chicken Meal & Rice Formula is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages including growth of large size dogs (70 lb or... Read More
Natural Balanced LID Beef
- No fillers and artificial substances
- Included peas and chickpeas for carbohydrates
- Beef is its prime ingredient for protein sources, making it the best option for dogs that don't digest or be sensitive to ingredients like chicken and others.
- Formulated with only premium and limited ingredients
- They allow you to choose kibbles based on your dog's requirement
- Each kibble is filled with high-quality nutrients and digestible ingredients
- An excellent choice for dogs that love meats
- Beef is for sole protein sources (includes 52% beef ingredients)
- Since beef is an excellent protein source, most dog owners wish it to be 2nd ingredient rather than peas. However, they manage to offer impressive protein and don't create any problems for dogs.
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Small Breed Bites Dry Dog Food, Beef Formula, 4 Pounds Pet Supplies
- Contains (1) 4 Pound Bag of Dry Dog Food
- Real beef is the #1 ingredient
- 32% protein – the highest crude protein level among leading limited ingredient dog food brands
- No grains, potatoes, fillers or chicken ingredients
- Complete and balanced for all small breeds of adult dogs ... Read More
Nulo Freestyle Limited+ Turkey Grain-Free
- Included in Turkey meat for sole protein sources, its fewer animal protein minimizes the effect of sensitive stomachs. The more animal protein included, the more they upset the digestive system.
- Fortified 30% of protein and essential nutrients, making it suitable for both puppies and adults.
- Blended with GanedenBC30 probiotics for a healthy digestive system
- Included chickpeas and sweet potatoes for carbohydrates, but no potatoes and tapioca
- Made in the USA
- Comes in two different single-animal protein sources: turkey and turkey meal
- Ideal for the dog owners who want to avoid allergens
- Excluded eggs, chicken, corn, wheat, soy, artificial colors, or preservatives.
- The price of the product could have been lower.
Nulo All Natural Dog Food Freestyle Limited Plus Grain Free Puppy & Adult Dry Dog Food - Limited Ingredient Diet for Digestive & Immune Health - Allergy Sensitive Non GMO Turkey Recipe - 10 lb Bag Pet Supplies
- SELECT AN AMOUNT: Bags are available in small 4 pound, medium 10 pound, and large 22 pound sizes
- PICK A FORMULA: Our turkey and salmon recipes are sourced with a single protein for pure flavor
- ALLERGY FRIENDLY: Made without chicken, corn, wheat, soy, eggs, peas, white potato, and tapioca
- PROBIOTIC SUPPORT: GanedenBC30 probiotics help your food sensitive pet's stomach digest food better
- FRESH, NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Each high protein, low carb formula is mad... Read More
Blue Buffalo Basics Limited-Ingredient Dog Food
- Included potatoes, oatmeal, and brown rice for easy digestion
- Featured deboned salmon for single protein sources
- Contains pumpkin for healthy digestion
- Blended Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for healthy and shining skin and coat
- They are free of artificial ingredients, flavors, colors, and preservatives
- Made in the USA
- There are no fillers such as corn, soy, wheat, etc.
- One of the highly-rated dog foods that available on the market
- Most dog owners have experienced that switching to Blue Buffalo dog food may eliminate digestive-related problems and support healthy skin and coat.
- Plus, some of the ingredients on this food, like potatoes and pumpkins, firm up your dogs' stools.
- Ideal for dogs that are suffering from diarrhea
- Just a few dog owners have reported that they haven't alleviated sensitive stomach issues.
- There are no probiotics for a healthy gut, but some have experienced that they still improve their dog's digestive functions.
Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Diet, Natural Puppy Dry Dog Food, Turkey & Potato 24-lb Pet Supplies
- STARTS WITH REAL TURKEY: This dry puppy food features a single animal protein source along with potatoes, peas and pumpkin to support gentle digestion making it a good option for puppies with a sensitive stomach
- LIMITED INGREDIENT PUPPY FOOD: BLUE Basics dog food doesn’t contain any chicken, beef, corn, wheat, soy, dairy or eggs making it a good option for puppies with food sensitivities; It contains DHA and ARA to help support cognitive and retinal development
- ANTIOXI... Read More
Hill's Science Diet Sensitive Stomach & Skin Dry Dog Food
- Blended vitamins, minerals, and amino acids for better digestive function
- Fortified with antioxidants for a healthy immune system
- Formulated with different fruits and veggies for balanced nutrition
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Money-back guarantee, so that you can return the product if you are not satisfied with the products.
- Some have experienced better health function in their dogs' digestive system with Hill's Science Diet Sensitive Stomach & Skin dog food.
- They help to eliminate skin-related issues associated with sensitive stomachs.
- Most dogs that love this flavor and taste as well
- There are no grains, glutens
- No artificial substances and fillers
- Only natural ingredients
- Hill's Science Diet's primary ingredient is Brewer's rice, and a chicken meal is its primary protein source, which are common allergens not suitable for some dogs.
- It does not include meat as its first ingredient but contains some controversial ingredients such as pea protein and soybean oil. However, many have experienced dramatic changes in their dog's digestive functions after switching to this food.
Hill's Science Diet Dry Dog Food, Adult, Sensitive Stomach & Skin Recipes, 4 LB Pet Supplies
- This adult dry dog food promotes digestive health while nourishing skin
- A source of prebiotic fiber to support a balanced gut microbiome in your grown dog
- This dog food is formulated to be highly digestible for optimal nutrient absorption & easier stool pick up
- Packed with vitamin E & omega 6 fatty acids to help your grown dog get a lusterous coat and healthy skin
- Made with natural ingredients
- Made in the USA with global ingredients you ... Read More
Nutro Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Lamb & Sweet Potato
- Deboned lamb and lamb meal are Nutro's first two ingredients, highly rich in sole protein sources.
- Made in the USA
- There is no GMOs, artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, fillers
- Included potatoes, sweet potatoes, chickpeas for better, healthier digestive functions
- Limited ingredients
- Free from unnecessary additives
- Formulated with quality ingredients
- Ideal for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- Most dog owners have reported that they are working well on sensitive dogs.
- This is a little bit expensive than other foods with similar features, but they are still worthier for all dogs' stages to eliminate their digestive issues.
NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Large Breed Dry Dog Food Lamb & Sweet Potato Dog Kibble, 22 lb. Bag Pet Supplies
- Contains one (1) 22 lb. bag of NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Large Breed Dry Dog Food Lamb & Sweet Potato
- Always made with 10 key ingredients or less, plus natural flavors, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients
- NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Recipes are grain free, and avoid ingredients that commonly cause food sensitivities in pets like corn, wheat, soy and dairy protein
- Lamb is the #1 ingredient in this healthy dog food
- This NUTRO Dry Dog Food... Read More
Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Formula
- Salmon is its primary ingredient for single protein sources
- Added rice for carbohydrates content
- Free of artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives
- Blended antioxidants for the proper immune system
- There are no fillers like corn, soy, and wheat, ensuring better digestibility for your dogs.
- Excluded grains and glutens
- Formulated with only a few common ingredients, you have to accept that it is difficult to find dog foods with sensitive stomachs at this price.
Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach Dog Food With Probiotics for Dogs, Salmon & Rice Formula - 30 lb. Bag Pet Supplies
- One (1) 30 lb. Bag - Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach Dog Food With Probiotics for Dogs, Salmon & Rice Formula
- Oat meal is easily digestible and gentle on the digestive system
- High protein formula, with real salmon as the first ingredient
- Fortified with guaranteed live probiotics for digestive and immune health
- Used to be known as FOCUS Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Formula
- No corn, wheat or soy. No artificial colo... Read More