Iams dog food reviewsWhen it comes to pet foods, Iams dog food is always the first choice among the customers. With the right balance in the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids, Iams provides the best nutritional value to dogs of any breed, size, and life stages. Apart from the quality ingredients, a delicious flavor gives an appetizing feel to the canine. The Iams brand was established in 1946 and still gives shoulder-to-shoulder to other brands by supplying premium quality dog foods. All the food formula is crafted under the supervision of pet nutritionists as well as the vets. Each formulated ingredient maintains the healthy weight of the dog. For example, supplements like L-carnitine helps to burn the excess fat contents from the body. Read till the end to know more about the Iams dog foods.
Why do we prefer Iams dog foods?Iams is a complete package of everything that your canine needs. Feeding Iams foods will greatly help in the development of muscle joints, bones, and teeth of the dog. In addition, it keeps the dog energetic and active throughout the day. Iams is a king in the art of providing the right nutrition to the dog. A perfect blend of hand-picked ingredients will give proper nourishment to the skin and the sensitive stomach. Very importantly, an appetizing flavor will tempt the dog to empty the bowl full of kibbles. A formulated food with ingredients like chicken, whole eggs, flaxseed will provide a shimmy coat to the dog battling against skin allergies. Unlike other brands, every large breed Iams recipe consists of grains as a source of energy. Grains like corn is a rich source of carbohydrates and fibers that support healthy digestion. The choice is up to you to choose between grain-free or grain-inclusive food recipes based on the vet's prescription. Most of the customer choice is grain-free foods since some of the grains trigger allergies.
Table of contents1.Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry dog food 2. Iams ProActive Health Adult Lamb & Rice Formula 3. Iams ProActive Health Chicken and Wholegrain Rice formula 4. Iams Mature Adult Chicken and Wholegrain Recipe
Best Iams dog food available in the market
1.Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry dog foodAre you looking for the best adult dog? Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry dog food is a good choice. The formulated food contains premium ingredients like chicken and egg that helps in the healthy development of the muscles and bones. A proper ratio of omega fatty acids contributes to the health and wellness of the canine. In addition, seven different types of nutrients will prevent the risk of any heart diseases. Very importantly, the main fat-burning supplement L-carnitine will keep the dog in shape. The kibble is rich in protein content as the primary ingredient is chicken and contains almost 80% of moisture. It means that when the kibble is cooked at a high temperature, the kibble will shrink from its original size. Apart from chicken, the two main ingredients are the grains that add nutritional value to the recipe. Since this dog food includes grains, we advise you to consult a vet before adding this food to the dog's diet plan. For example, the recipe includes corn that might trigger allergies in some dogs. The ground whole grain sorghum is gluten-free and is easily digestible. A perfect blend of dry beet pulp, flaxseed, and sorghum is rich in fibers and promotes healthy digestion. The major source of fat is the chicken that serves as the best energy source. Very importantly, this recipe contains essential vitamins, minerals and is free from preservatives.
Reason to buy Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry dog food
- The recipe consists of chicken and egg and is rich in animal protein
- The formulated food consists of supplements like glucosamine and chondroitin
- The imprint ingredient, L-carnitine maintains a healthy weight
- It does not contain any artificial preservatives, fructose, and coloring agents
2. Iams Proactive Health Adult Lamb & Rice FormulaGenerally, dogs in the growing stage demand more energy for staying active throughout the day. Iams ProActive Health Adult dog food with Lamb and Rice formula is the finest choice. This recipe provides high content to the dogs. So, the dogs can develop lean muscles. The primary ingredient is the lamb that adds more taste to the recipe like beef. But, some of the recipes don't include beef as it triggers allergies. So, lamb is a good replacement for beef. Apart from providing protein, the lamb is rich in vitamin B3, B1, zinc, vitamins, and selenium. The other ingredients like Chicken by-products are easily digestible and provide 70% of protein to the diet plan. In addition, the ingredients like brewer's rice give essential carbohydrates and, when combined with barley, offers sufficient energy for the canine. The recipe is rich in omega-6 fatty acids and gives a shiny coat to the skin. Plus, it also provides essential supplements to balance the optimum level of vitamins and minerals in the body. Although this recipe consists of grains, it does not trigger any allergies. So, this recipe is safe to consume. Moreover, this dry dog food is available at a reasonable price.
Reason to buy Iams Proactive Health Adult Lamb & Rice Formula
- Chicken is the primary ingredient and provides high protein content to the dog
- A perfect ratio of supplements will provide essential vitamins and minerals
- It is available at an affordable price
- The high percentage of omega-6 fatty acids nourishes the skin
3. Iams Proactive Health Chicken and Whole grain Rice formulaCanned food is always ahead of dry food since it can retain most of the moisture contents within the kibble. Very importantly, the recipe is formulated with two protein-rich supplements that come from by-products (chicken and meat). The chicken by-products will not trigger any allergies in the dog. This recipe is rich in carbohydrate content with a perfect blend of barley, carrot, sweet potatoes, flaxseed, and barley. Flaxseeds are a rich source of fiber and promote healthy digestion. In addition, the ingredients like spinach and broccoli will provide additional fiber. The only contributor to fat content is vegetable oil. Plus, the chicken and the by-product meals will also provide a decent percentage of fat. A perfect blend of botanical ingredients like fresh fruits and vegetables adds high nutritional value to the recipe. Note, this recipe is free from chelated minerals, artificial preservatives, and coloring agents. A proper balanced ratio of meat and plant-based ingredients will supply essential nutrients that meet the energy demands of the dog.
Reason to buy Iams Proactive Health Chicken and Wholegrain Rice formula
- The canned dog food seals the moisture within the kibbles
- A protein-rich ingredient like chicken is the major ingredient
- Although this recipe includes chicken by-products, it doesn't cause any allergies
- The flaxseed is a rich source of fiber and supports good digestion
- The recipe omits chelated minerals and artificial preservatives